What Is Fiber Cement Siding?
If you’re looking to have new siding installed on your home, you’ve likely noticed that there are many different siding options available on the market. One of the more popular options that you’ve probably heard about is fiber cement siding, but what exactly is it? Well, fiber cement siding is a durable, low-maintenance, and long-lasting cladding product that is made using a mixture of Portland cement, sand, water, and cellulose fibers.
Why Choose Fiber Cement Siding?
Now that you know what fiber cement siding is, you’re probably wondering why this would be a better option to go with than other siding materials. Fiber cement siding offers a number of fantastic benefits that make it a great choice for protecting your home. For instance, it is:
- Strong enough to stand up against rain, windborne debris, and any other elements that Mother Nature throws at it
- Naturally flame resistant, making it a safer siding option than wood or vinyl
- Able to help insulate your home, which could lead to energy savings
- Resistant to termite and insect infestation
- Available in numerous color and style options, so it can be customized to meet a variety of aesthetic tastes
High-Quality Fiber Cement Siding Options Available from Shiner Exteriors
Homeowners in the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. areas who are looking to have fiber cement siding installed on their homes should turn to the professionals at Shiner Exteriors. Since our founding in 1981, we have helped many homeowners improve the appearance and functionality of their homes, and we look forward to working with you, too. If you would like to know more about the fiber cement siding options we have available, contact us today.