What Are The Best Roofing Materials for Homes In Washington D.C. and The Surrounding Areas?
When choosing a roofing material for your Washington D.C. home, a number of factors must be taken into account. For example, if you’re on a strict budget, you’re probably looking for a roof that has a low upfront cost but also the durability to last long into the future without the need for repairs. Or, if you’re interested in having your home stand out from others in the neighborhood, a less conventional roofing material or color scheme might be for you.
Some of the most popular roofing materials available in the D.C. Metro Area include:
- Slate – This option will give your home a sleek, modern appearance. Plus, it resists curling and warping, so it will last for years to come.
- Asphalt – Asphalt roofs are extremely popular and for good reason. Not only do asphalt shingles come in a wide variety of colors and textures, allowing you to customize your roof to suit your tastes, but they are also relatively inexpensive.
- Metal – Metal roofing is exceptionally durable and can easily stand up against many years of harsh weather conditions. Plus, it can boost your home’s energy efficiency.
- Cedar – Cedar shingles will provide your home with a rustic appearance that will significantly boost your residence’s curb appeal.
- Synthetic – Synthetic roofing materials resemble natural materials but are virtually maintenance-free, so you won’t have to worry about long-term upkeep costs.
Of course, even the finest materials will not perform optimally if your roof is not installed by skilled and reliable technicians. Fortunately, you’ve found Shiner Exteriors – with more than 30 years of experience, you can be sure we have the required knowhow to install your roof with expert precision. If you’d like to learn more about what roofing material would best suit your Washington D.C. home, contact us today.