Roof Tear Off and Roof Repair in Oakton, Vienna, Great Falls, Potomac & Elsewhere in the D.C. Metro Region
Many of our customers ask us whether it is better to undergo a complete roof tear off, or if a layover would suffice. Our answer will always depend on a wide range of factors, but in general, the older the roof, the more likely it will require a complete tear off and replacement. That said, Shiner Exteriors is committed to doing everything we can to make your roofing experience as smooth as possible. If that means a layover is feasible, we will always be up front with you about it and let you know.
Since 1981, Shiner has served Northern Virginia, Washington, and Maryland with a commitment to the best customer service in the capital region. We are a bonded, licensed, and insured home improvement contractor in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, and we only use the finest materials during a roof tear off and replacement. In addition, we guarantee a clean work space from day to day. Also, ask us about our 5-year workmanship warranties on new roofs.
A roof tear off might be required if:
- Your roof has more than one layer, because code requirements rarely permit more than two layers of roofing
- If there are spongy areas when walking on the roof, an indication of bad decking or dry rot
- If there is not enough water protection and ice dams have become a problem under the sustained influence of sub-freezing temperatures
- If incompatible shingles have been used in a previous overlay
- If the current roof is simply in bad condition
If you are concerned that you might need a roof tear off and replacement for your residential or commercial building, contact Shiner today for a consultation. We proudly serve McLean, Great Falls, Vienna, Arlington, Fairfax, Oakton, Reston, Alexandria, Falls Church, Potomac, Leesburg, Bethesda, and elsewhere in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.